October, 2015, the National Council of the “Alliance of Retired Public Servants” elected Noel E. O’ Sullivan, (GSRMA Central Committee) as Vice Chairman of the Alliance Group. He replaced Mr. Gerard Blake (also GSRMA) who spent two successful years in office. Paschal Feeney (Gen. Sec. GSRMA) is the other GSRMA Representative on the ALLIANCE which represents the following affiliated associations:
- IMPACT: Irish Municipal, Public & Civil Trade Union.
- RMA / TUI: Retired Members’ Association, Teachers Union of Ireland.
- ARCO: Association of Retired Commission Officers.
- CCRMS: County & City Retired Managers’ Association.
- RTAI: Retired Teachers Association of Ireland.
- GSRMA: Garda Siochana Retired Members” Association.
- DBF: Dublin Fire Brigade.
- NAPD: National Association of Principals & Deputy Principals.
- RNAI: Retired Nurses’ Association.
- RCPSA: Retired Civil & Public Services Association.
- SDPA: Shannon Development Association.
- RCEEOA: Retired Chief Executive & Educational Officers’ Association.
- IUNVA: Irish United Nations Veterans’ Association.
- SIPTU: Services Indistrial Professional & Technical Union.
- UNITE: Union that represents working people in all sectors.
- IFUT: Irish Federation of University Teachers.
- INMO: Irish Nurses & Midwives Organisation.
- FAS: Irish National Training & Employment Authority.
- NFPA: National Fire Protection Association.
It is fitting that a person of Noel O’ Sullivan’s calibre continues to fly the flag on behalf of the Garda Síochána Retired Members’ Association on the ALLIANCE of Retired Public Servants which represents the interest of over 120,000 in the retired sector.
A native of Co. Kerry, Noel joined the Garda Síochána in 1960. Serving in places from Gort, Co. Galway, to “border counties”, then to Co. Cork, Limerick City, Enniscorthy, Dublin and the United Nations, he rose through the ranks before retiring as Chief Superintendent. Following retirement, he joined the Dublin North GSRMA Branch and was elected to the GSRMA CENTRAL Committee in 2012. He is also a member of the GSRMA Editorial Board.
The Garda Síochána Retired Members Association (GSRMA) extends congratulation to Noel on his election as Vice Chairman of the ALLIANCE.